Saturday, January 16, 2016

2016 Holiday Tea

This year's holiday team had a fairly wide open theme, and since I was tired and stressed, and I just wasn't in a mood for corsets or stays, I decided to go 20s. I have exactly one 20s dress (I need more!!) but I had bought a vintagey sweater and modified the belt to closer resemble the photo of 20s sweater jackets I had. Added a new hat from Etsy, and some Forever 21 glasses (thanks for the find, Judy!) that resemble ones worn by Miss Fisher, and my new Miss L Fire shoes that sorta go. I also made use of a brooch and a 20sish necklace from Sweet Romance. Everything was slightly not matchy, but I liked the end look. And the tea was really fun! It was at Tea on the Tiber at Ellicott City. The food was delicious (those cinnamon scones!!) and the company was great as always!

Here's the look I was going for - funny, I didn't realize the lady in the brown sweater was wearing a pink dress with black trim! :-)

1920s-womens-fashion-sweaters-cardigans-tunics

IMG_5634

IMG_5635

IMG_5637

IMG_5642

IMG_5649

Oh, and I wore my great-grandmother's watch from the nineteens:

IMG_5650

Oh, the food! That lemon cake!

IMG_5653

Scones! Fruit! Cheese!

IMG_5654

IMG_5655

IMG_5656

Jess and Judy wore 20s too!

IMG_5658

I loved Amanda's cheerful plaid dress!

IMG_5659

Kristin brought her sweet new baby and hubby as well! It was little E's first costume event! At least outside the womb!

IMG_5660

IMG_5662

IMG_5665

Ellicott City had pretty holiday lights:

IMG_5668

Group pic:

-1

No comments:

Post a Comment