Sunday, September 25, 2016

Victorian Seaside Party

Because of our family vacation getting switched to August due to one niece becoming a teacher and getting out of school late, I had the silver lining of getting to go to Kat’s Victorian picnic, which this year had a Seaside theme. It was nautical and really fun.

At first I wasn’t sure what I had that would work, costume-wise, especially for a hot summer day. Though a bustle gown is on my someday list, my sewing time/mojo these days is at an ebb. Edwardian was on the table and I thought maybe my Jump dress, but the beading on that is so heavy that it had stretched out the fabric and I couldn’t walk in it. (I did ended up fixing it later on by moving up some of the beading but I didn’t have time for that.) Then I remembered! I had bought a Fan Plus Friend Boarding Suit, because the price (I think I even got it on sale) was so good I couldn’t pass it up.

http://fan-store.net/edwardian-era-titanic-roses-blue-white-jacket-long-skirt-travel-outfit/

All it needed was a shirt and tie, and I figured I could do without the giant hat.

Since it was going to be a million degrees, I wore a t-shirt under it, no corset, and I made a dickey out of an old thrift store men’s shirt I had originally used for my Harry Potter costume. It was really big on me anyway, so I didn’t mind sacrificing it. I didn’t have an accurate tie, so my husband gave me his darkest one, which turned out to have dinosaurs on it, but those were a nice hidden Easter egg that didn’t show. I had screen accurate earrings and a tie pin and I wore American Duchess shoes and wore my Titanic comb, and used my replica bag and I was good to go!

Since then I did find a dickey that is perfect and close to screen accurate so I will look even better next time!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019MR61OU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also bought this tie:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R3YV0VO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Kat kindly gave me use of her giant hat! And I used my little ebay Victorian-ish umbrella for the first time.

IMG_0798

I also did use my “Miss Fisher-esque” sunglasses that Judy found at (I think) Forever 21.

IMG_0800

IMG_2381

Gloria!

IMG_0979

The decorations were so fab!

IMG_0803

IMG_0804

IMG_0865

Kat had beautifully puffy sleeves:

IMG_0864

IMG_0817

IMG_0832

IMG_0838

I think this is Kat’s photo? Mike’s? I lost the photo credit on it somewhere. Let me know if it’s yours.

216402_original

Same with these:

213912_original

IMG_1005

I love these American Duchess shoes!

IMG_0850

Better shot of tie pin and earrings.

IMG_0863

IMG_0868

IMG_0872

IMG_0879

IMG_0883

With the hat:

IMG_0884

IMG_0889

IMG_0897

IMG_0904

IMG_0917

IMG_0920

IMG_0995

IMG_0926

IMG_0996

Group pic with the Fabulosity Club flag!

217536_original

Full group pic:

214406_original

IMG_0942

IMG_0949

IMG_0951

And croquet!

IMG_0970

Then this happened:

IMG_0972

This little girl came running over to fan Kat!

IMG_0976

No comments:

Post a Comment